Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

More Art and... A huge (at least for me) announcement.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to show you a peek of my new art girl. I am so loving this workshop. Christy Tomlinson is so inspirational and generous with her time and encouragement. I highly recommend her. The group in  the class are all so encouraging. I promise that I will be back in the next day or two with lots of sewing and quilting stuff so don't run away okay?


It says "She gave her dream wings" which is what I am doing this week.

Now for the announcement... this is so scary because once I say it then I have to do it... (deep breath)... Starting soon after Spring Market in May I will be having a Grand Opening for my online fabric shop. Phew not so bad... kinda like ripping off a bandage. This week I am getting all of my business licenses lined up and it is so scary and fun. In the next couple weeks I will make my first purchases and hope to have a soft opening sometime in the next month or so. To start out it will be very small but I hope to build up as quickly as possible. I know there are a lot of online shops out there but there are not a lot of modern fabric shops in my area so this is for me as well as my Modern Quilt Guild.

I know a lot of you have told me that you like my blog because I am not trying to sell stuff so, in an effort not to alienate you all, I promise to keep my shop announcements to a minimum. I still want this to be a fun play blog and I want you all to want to be here as well. I am thinking of doing shop announcements for sales etc on Saturdays... and you know me there will be giveaways galore.

I hope you all will celebrate with me. This is a huge dream come true and I have my amazing husband to thank for it.

11 comments:

Molly said...

Congratulations on your new endeavor! I'm betting that you will love it and be very successful. I can't wait to see what you start out with.

NorahS said...

Congratulations! Good for you!

Brooke said...

Wahooo!

Johanna said...

Congratulations! I can only imagine how scary this must be, but it is also sooo exciting!
If I can help in any way (other then something related to my missing english mother tongue capabilities :) ) let me know!

Becky said...

you are so rocking these paintings. She is beautiful and I love how you made her clothes.

CONGRATS on the shop. Can't wait. You have one customer here :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I like women who empower themselves - congratulations on your endevour.

Mama Pea said...

I am loving your artwork! Please keep posting! I'll keep coming back, even if it's not sewing and quilting! :-) I may need to take that class.

Congrats on your new endeavor. I am so excited for you!

Candice @ Made With Love said...

Woo hoo- such an exciting announcement! I wish you the best of luck in your new business venture! :)

Cathy said...

awesome!!!!!!

Jackie said...

Your artwork is incredible... could you pls do one of those as a giveaway... and make sure i win? LOL

I can't wait to see your store... am sooo looking forward to it!

Mommarock said...

Oooh exciting! Congratulations to you!! Very exciting :)