Friday, April 16, 2010

A little bit of what I have been doing this week...

I made a decision at the beginning of the week that I was going to try to finish at least the tops of my UFOs ... they might have to wait to be quilted but I wanted them out of the working on box into the waiting box.

First I made a few more of these:

From Quilt Dad's quilt along a few months ago... I had made 7 blocks so I decided to make it an even 9 for setting purposes. Then I ordered the sashing fabric... have to wait a week for that :)

I did a few others that I don't have pics of and then I finished this top for the Lazy Gal Liberated Amish Quilt Along :

The challenge was to choose a quilt from the Amish Abstractions book or the Brown's Collections Photos and liberate it. We also had to add free pieced letters in Tonya style. There is a long story about how much I hated this quilt before I put the borders on but... I like it now.

A new block for the Jelly Roll Quilt Along:

I also started a whole new quilt from Rachel's tutorials for the Pinwheel Quilt Along for my MIL. I don't have pictures of that yet.

I started teaching a good friend of mine how to machine quilt on his home machine last night. It was fun to teach a teacher. He has been a public school teacher for more than 40 years. He has been quilting that long too... his wife likes to do construction :)

Thanks for stopping by... oops... I almost forgot... I need this:

Kate Spain has done it again!

1 comment:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love the wonky Santorini blocks. And your Jelly Roll block is wonderful!